COVID-19 Support for Families
Finance, Jobs and Benefits advice and guidance
The Bucks Family Information Service has links to resouces with information to help families with financial advice, emergency food and essential item suppliers, information and updates. Some services may not be open or have reduced capacity over this period.
This includes information on:
- claiming benefits, including a link to how to apply for Local Emergency Support
- housing association update - information about plans, staffing, repairs and what families can do if they are unable to work because they are self-isolating or unable to pay their rent
- food banks and emergency items distributors for each of the three areas across Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale, Chiltern South Bucks and High Wycombe
Follow the link COVID-19 Finance, Jobs and Benefits advice and guidance for more information
Local Support Hubs
Local Support Hubs are being set up by Buckinghamshire Council to help support the most vulnerable people in our communities. They are for people who do not have access to family, friends, or local networks who can help them. There are 8 hubs across the county, which are being used as coordination and distribution points for the Council’s volunteer support network.
More information can be found on the Buckinghamshire Councils Buckinghamshire Council: Getting Help pages
To contact a coronavirus Area Coordinator, go to the coronavirus Area Coordinator page for the latest list and contact information.
COVID -19 Advice and Support families
During these challenging times, your local Family Information Service are here to assist and support families. We are pulling together resources, information, and guidance which we will keep updated on a regular basis.
This section has information on:
- Advice and Support from your Council
- Advice and Support from your Family Information Service
- Advice for those with a Special Educational Need of Disability
Follow the link COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Advice and Support for families - Bucks Family Information Service for more information.